Senior E-Learning Instructional Designer (Remote)
Job Description - Senior E-Learning Instructional Designer (Remote) (01019293)
Senior E-Learning Instructional Designer (Remote) - 01019293
YOU ARE an experienced, innovative and energetic instructional designer who is passionate about creating compelling e-learning experiences that help people become more effective in their jobs. You think deeply about how to structure complex content so it can be absorbed and put into action. When you start a project, you bring stellar writing, critical thinking, design and project management skills to the table, along with insights from the latest research about adult learning. Working independently is not a problem for you, and you re comfortable navigating ambiguity, adapting on the fly, and collaborating to ensure your product is the best it can be. Are you ready to join our team?
WE ARE a small but mighty learning and development team that creates and delivers a variety of in-person and online training experiences for our fellow employees. As members of Weyerhaeuser s Talent, Inclusion, Communications and Culture team, we stay plugged into company priorities and strategic goals to ensure our work is having the highest possible impact. Our team is equal parts creativity, precision, flexibility and drive. We re looking for a smart, authentic professional who can help us take our learning and development strategy to the next level. Are you that person?
The successful candidate for this role will be primarily responsible for creating and delivering technical e-learning content for our core businesses. You will build relationships with internal leaders and subject matter experts to create engaging and effective online training modules on various technical topics focused on helping employees be more effective in their operating roles. You must be well versed in creating online training modules on your own using common software such as Articulate, Captivate, and Camtasia, and for some projects you may work with vendors to develop custom e-learning solutions.
This role reports to our Manager, E-Learning Technical and Compliance Training. The position has flexibility to work remotely provided you are currently based (or are planning to move to) one of the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia. This role is not open to those who live in other states or countries.
- Collaborate with internal business leaders and subject matter experts to understand their technical training needs and develop learning objectives.
- Create and manage a project timeline for delivering against multi-year training needs for the business you support
- Write, create and deliver engaging and effective training content using common e-learning software such as Articulate, Captivate and Camtasia (for the business you support and for other company needs as they arise)
- Work with vendors to create and project manage custom e-learning solutions as needed.
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and completing them on time and within budget.
- Work with the broader learning and development team to ensure content alignment, and to leverage facilitation and other skill sets as needed for blended cirricula.
- Continuously improve the quality of our e-learning materials and approach through research and experimentation
- At least 7 years of experience in instructional design, with a focus on e-learning in a business environment
- Exceptional writing, content organization, design, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent project management skills with precise attention to detail
- Proficient at using common e-learning software such as Articulate, Captivate, and Camtasia
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree required (in communications or education preferred)
This position is eligible for remote work arrangements.
Occasional travel required (up to 1-2 times per year).
Compensation: This role is eligible for our annual merit-increase program, and we are targeting a salary range of $84,500 to $126,800 based on your level of skills, qualifications and experience. You will also be eligible for our Annual Incentive Program, which offers a cash bonus targeting 7% of base pay. Potential plan funding may range from zero to two times that target.
Benefits: When you join our team, you and your family will be covered by our comprehensive health benefits plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. We also support personal volunteerism, sponsor a host of diversity networks, promote mentoring, and provide training and development opportunities to help you chart your path to a fulfilling career.
Retirement: Employees may enroll in our company s 401k plan, which includes a paid company match in addition to our annual contribution equal to 5% of your base salary.
Paid Time Off or Vacation: We provide eligible employees who are scheduled to work 25 hours or more per week with paid vacation for up to 3 weeks to use during your first year of employment. In addition, after being employed for six months, eligible employees begin to accrue vacation for future use. We also recognize eleven paid holidays per year, providing a total of 88 hours along with paid parental leave for all full-time employees.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.