Company Name:Quality Food Centers
Minimum Pay Range:25.15
Maximum Pay Range:28.15
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct andsupervise all functions, duties and activities for the department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Deli operations. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Display a positive attitude; promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Order, label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Use all equipment in the department such as the fryer, rotisserie, heat lamps, refrigerators, freezers, slicers, ovens, compactors, balers, and pallet jacks according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions especially promotions that affect the Deli.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Retail and/or Deli experience
The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time