Manager, Operations Technology
What You’ll Do
In this senior leadership role, you’ll be leading a global team of operations technology program managers to develop and deploy the strategy for our support and back-office experiences across: all products (Connect, Subscriptions, Terminal, etc), all markets (46+ countries), all channels (phone, chat, email), all user profiles (developers, finance teams, risk teams, customer support teams, C-suite, etc.), all touch-points (self-serve and agent experience), and all support offerings (reactive, proactive). You will drive both custom in-house built software (support.stripe.com, agent experience tools,
routing) and third-party tools (e.g. CRM ticketing infrastructure, phone/chat, QA, workforce management, content management, etc).
If you are a leader who is motivated by intense complexity, passionate about building and developing a high-performing team, loves leading and executing the strategy for an organization, and is interested in setting the bar for both scaled operations and cutting-edge technology, we want to hear from you.
- Set an inspirational technology vision for major elements of Operations, and build the path to execute it in both short and long term horizons
- Future-proof our organization by proactively evolving our operations technology strategy, while also solving our day-to-day challenges with Stripe’s exponentially growing volume
- Influence operations and engineering teams to pursue the highest ROI investments for agent and user experience and align on our org-wide technology roadmap. This includes buy vs. build decisions to ensure we are scaling fast enough while also delivering a differentiated Stripe experience
- Advise the Operations Leadership team on technology strategies to help scale their functions (e.g. Tier 1 Vendor Management Team, Tier 2 support teams, Risk Support, etc.)
- Lead, develop, and coach a high-performing team of managers and program managers
Who You Are
Were looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 10+ years of experience in program management, product management, or technical consulting
- Experience leading, mentoring, managing, and developing a team of program managers, including as a manager of managers
- Experience building strong cross-functional partnerships with product and engineering teams, and influencing product and engineering roadmaps
- Experience working in or closely partnering with operations or customer-facing roles (e.g. customer support, back office operations, professional services, etc.)
- Experience leading end-to-end execution of projects/programs that have significantly improved operations and delivered quantifiable business impact
- Graduate degree, particularly in STEM or business fields
- Experience with user safety / risk management technologies or customer support technologies
- Ability to identify repeated user and agent-facing issues and build scalable technology solutions and processes to address them
- Strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills with experience navigating large data sets
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn
- Ability to understand Stripe’s API in the context of what our agents need to answer customer questions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating challenges and needs for both internal and external users
Pay & Benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $167,700 - $236,800. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.